I love men. I donâ€™t know why people assume that feminists donâ€™t love men. Itâ€™s just that we want to be equal to men. You know, get paid the same and everything.â€‚
1. I heart Dan Savage. Not only is he hilarious, but he is so incredibly smart that I could potentially listen to him speak forever. Laugh/ cry /laugh/ cry.
2. Stevie Wonder. Stevie is a feeler. And that is inspiring to me. He marches to the beat of his own metronome. He has a dream. He has a plan, artistically, and his work feels so perfectly tangible to me.â€‚
3. Jim Drain. Jim is an incredible artist living in Miami, Florida. Not only did I go to high school with Jim, but he is a wonderful person with wonderful feelings inside of him. He also makes the most incredible visual art that I am constantly wowed by everything he touches.â€‚
4. Das Racist (a few good men) have made me have hope for the music industry. They did what they wanted. They did something with content, texture, pop structure. They did it all on one record and they did it because they knew that if they followed their heart/ brain connection that everything was going to work out for them. I believe in them as artists.â€‚
5. Fred Armisen. Good guy. Great heart. Great comedy. Great charades player. Feminist.
JD Samsonâ€™s MEN play the World Theatre Festival at the Brisbane Powerhouse February 24.